Lice are an increasing problem in Cabarrus County and Kannapolis City Schools. If your child is sent home for lice there are two important steps you need to take...
Treatment and Removal of nits or lice
- Sklice is a new lotion that your doctor can prescribe for the treatment of head lice.
- Special care needs to be taken to comb out all nits. This will take a lot of time. Use good lighting or sit outside, if possible.
- Continue to check for nits over the next three weeks.
Clean the Environment
- Wash all towels, linens, sheets and bedding in hot sudsy water.
- Dry in a HOT clothes dryer.
- Vacuum all carpets and furniture
- Stuffed animals or similar items should be sealed in plastic bags for 2-4 weeks